Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What was I thinking...


The big trip to Texas. Now for a sane mother of a 3 year old this would be an easy task... Me however.. haha! So Pat takes us to the Akron/Canton Airport and we get to our gate. We get comphy, Paige makes a friend with the woman next to us and cuddles with HER instead of me. Ok, Fine. We board and take off. No issues for Paige, me however I was a mess. We were in this small plane where everyone could hear anything said. Again, Paige made friends quickly with all aboard. Landing was worse than take off for me, Didn't phase Paige. Atlanta Airport should have warning signs... I found the gate successfully and we parked it and waited to board again. The second flight was less hectic because it was a bigger plane and I knew what to expect. We landed in Texas around 5 and Paige and I were warmly welcomed by Kendra and Terri... my new BEST friends at that point, lol.

Texas was beautiful and the weather was amazing. Paige and I quickly shed layers of clothes. We dropped off Terri and got to Kendra's. We ate at 'Texas Roadhouse'. Kendra chose to embarrass me and asked the server to let me ride the saddle. haha. It was great fun! Good Food and better entertainment. Paige had Aaron (Kendra's husband) wrapped around her finger. They were best friends.

Kendra's parents came over after dinner and played 'My little Pony' with Paige. Adorable!

It was a long stressful day but well worth it!! Kendra spoiled us and treated us like royalty. Paige had a basket of 'My little pony', coloring books, a paint set, baby-doll, and sidewalk chalk. I had a chocolate/mocha bath set, king size caramellos, 2 bottles of wine and a dozen beautiful yellow roses. Heaven for both of us!

No comments: