Monday, August 4, 2008

Lebanon Retreat

Paige I and met up with "aunt missah" (Melissa) and travelled down to her in-laws. We did a lot of fun things! We saw fish, birds, and lots of little kids. It was a great time. Mike (pop-pop) got Paige in the pool with floaties and down the slide. Karen cooked all kinds of good treats and played A LOT with Paige. She made lots of friends with the neighbor kids, one particular she really took a liking to. He was a sweet boy but I never caught his name. He pushed her on the swing for HOURS and jumped on the trampoline until she decided it was time. Paige stepped in doggie poo and got to take a bath with Jack. All while Melissa and I shopped and shopped! Lots of good deals : ) Paige even got to feed "Baby Elly".



Sunday we left after a small fit (because who would want to leave there!) We came home rested for a bit and went to Berlin with Mom ,Dad, Amy, and the kids. Amy and I skiied. It was the first time I had been in the lake for 4-5 years. It took a toll out of me when I did a split and Amy achieved the covitted goal of keeping the hair dry (which I failed because again I did a split- so not recommended!)



We were all tired from the long weekend (Dusty was in Baltimore for a wedding) and we all slept in till 8 when Paige woke up. Good thing because Dusty had to be at work... at 8:30! Ooops! So Paige and I took is slow and she even deemed the day "Mommy Day"



Paige: "Mommy, I go poopie"

Me: "ok. lets run!" "Good Job Paige, Mommy is proud of you"

~~ Paige looks at her accomplishment! ~~

Paige: "Bye poopie ::flush:: have fun!"

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Julie, I never know who has more fun being a child....you or Paige.

LLBean said...

the sad thing is I laughed and repeated it to Dusty over dinner and now she says it all the time, even at times she doesn't have to go or didn't even go. There's that 'talking to herself again'