Monday, September 22, 2008

Great Time

Yes, we had a blast in Marietta. We had great pizza and enjoyed a great bon-fire. WE all told great stories (and a few embarrassing ones) and caught up. Kailyn really enjoyed being showered with attention from everyone. Even the dogs who accidentally got ahold of Purple Bunny.I had the privilege of sleeping with her... I thought Paige was bad. She kicked, squirmed, cried in her sleep, and even hit me with purple bunny. Needless to say I got NO sleep. We ate at a super cute little restaurant (equivilent to our Thompson's) we even snagged some good ol Heggy's chocolates. We stuffed our selves silly and drove around Marietta looking at historic buildings/houses and got to see look out point AND the lock-it dam. It was beautiful with the fog and early morning sun. I can't wait to go back with Paige when we have more time to actually explore and ride the trolly. Mom and I ventured into WV to shop and got some decent deals. The drive home was super relaxing and I am proud to say we made it in less than 2 hrs WITH traffic and a detour (we kinda couldn't find 77).

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Wally and Diane were real troopers opening their quiet home to 5 women and a toddler! It sure was fun around the campfire!
And Kailyn came home with her toes painted like a box of crayons. So many colors and such tiny nails! Thanks Katie for doing that.
Paige would have loved it! Can't wait for the next trip!