Monday, September 15, 2008

How DO you wash one's mouth out with soap?

I've never done it or seen it done or had it done to me (that I can recall) but I did threaten my child with it today! I do not like to be told I'm hated, especially from my 2.5 yr old. She picked it up somewhere and when I find it out I'll wash their mouth out too! We get back to the house and she said "Mommy are you going to put bubbles in my mouth now?" I didn't! But I should've.

On a lighter less threatening side, a run-down of today's events.
Paige and I slept at mom's because we didn't have power. This morning was a mad dash to get out the door for my appointment. Paige had her first bowl of Rice Krispies... I poured the milk and watched her amazement. "MOMMY! THEM TALKIN' TO ME!"

We picked up Grandma and Kailyn and to Belden we went. Then to Aldi's and then the Park. Kailyn and Paige loved the slide however Kailyn's lack of body weight sent her SOARING... OMG, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying just thinking about it. OH I wish you would've seen it. She didn't find it funny but I couldn't stop laughing. Then she had to pee... The porta john was nasty so I sat her down in the grass to pee. That didn't fly so on to McDonald's we went.

They have a loving relationship until they are tired.


Nap time, awh how I love nap time!

I do have to admit, I did loose it tonight. I know big surprise after having two toddlers for the day. For some reason my water decided to just stop... I went to draw a bath for Paige and it just stopped. I go to the kitchen, no water there either. Call dad, I trouble-shot all possibilities over the phone. He came over. Its my water softener!? Anyway its fixed now BUT I was downstairs on the phone with dad and I go upstairs to wait for him to come over and I can't open the door. PAIGE LOCKED ME DOWNSTAIRS!! Ugh. Obviously I got out and she was not happy to see me get out because she went into time out but gosh, at least I had my phone with me to call for help.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

My Granddaughters are precious!!!

How could you ever want to use soap in their mouths????

LLBean said...

She obviously hasn't told YOU she hates you yet!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, that I have been on both sides of the washing my mouth out with soap. I only recall the nasty taste in my mouth. I do remember why I used it. It was when one of mine was bighting everyone in the family and in the day care. I put a little liquid soap on my finder and slid it under the childs tongue. The taste is there, but not as nasty as the bar soap that was used oh so long ago. I think the best way to respond to I hate you is. I am really sad that you feel that way because I have never loved you more. Hang in there, hope the week goes well.

Aunt Jeanette