Monday, October 13, 2008

Laundry Stinks...

Friday night A. Jeanette and U. Bret came over to help fix some stuff around the house. Mom and A. Jeanette helped clean and socialize and I played with the kids.

Saturday we went out for Alicia's 21st. It was a blast. We went to the winery in navarre and had a great time. Thanks Alicia.

Tonight Paige and I were enjoying the beautiful evening followed by the beautiful silence of the backyard all cleaned and mowed and litter free of dog filth. I'm in love with my backyard again. I do miss him but I know he's in better company with a great older retired couple that can give him 24/7 attention in the quiet of their own home. Everyone wins. Me more than them. HA!

So back to my point. Paige is playing and I am ready and studying for my teleconference with 5 oher service centers tomorrow and Paige brings me 4 rocks in a cup from her sandbox (where the rocks came from.. no clue)
she goes
"Look Mommy, my candy."
I calmly took them from her and explained Paige, these are rocks, not candy and do not play with them. She looks at me, looks at the rocks, looks in the yard, looks back at me and says
"Mommy, we can pretend."

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Your Father is extremely miffed that he did not get any recognition for his labor.
I thought I taught you to never never forget free labor!