Paige, like any 3 year old girl, has the tendency to be ... well... over-dramatic. It's overly amusing and I LOVE it!! She does much better at coming up with quick witted expressions and phrases now so it makes evenings so much more enjoyable.
Saturday we were swinging, ha! I was swinging myself and she was, being energetic, up and down the slide and bouncing around.
She came over and said "I really like my swing, I buy'd the wood you know!"
to this I was shocked, "Really, I thought mommy bought the swing set"
Her response under her breath and looking away "No... I did!"
Smiling because she couldn't see "Paige, where'd you buy the wood!?"
Sarcastically low and in a weird tone "Moooooom, the wood store!"
Monday morning kinda went like Saturday evening, more fibbing. I scooped sleeping wildebeest from her bed like every morning and went to pack her into the car, as she was sitting there swaying back and forth, eyes closed, and hair in her face (wildebeest style) she said "MOMMY! I reawlly like your neck-o-lace" I laughed and said "Thank you!" and her response back was "I'm glad I buy'd it for you!" again not wanting her to win (yes, I know, we relate more like sisters than Mother-Daughter, so I've been told) I said "Paige, I bought this necklace, you were with me..." Paige getting aggravated (wildebeest style) "MOMMY, I buy'd it at the store for you!"
Fine, so my kid is a bit on the pathological liar side. I'll just add it to the weird list of crazy tendancies she's picked up from me, What-evs! haha.
Today was not a 'Good' Friday. Paige woke up with the yickies! It's going to be a long weekend.
Another try ..
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment